Friday, August 14, 2009

Musical Escapades

Musical Escapades is a chronicle of my progress in my musical endeavours in piano, violin, oboe and a tad bit of guitar. The idea to create such a “music blog” came to me when I was playing Chopin’s Impromptu No. 1 at the piano on August 12th. Nothing fancy, but I did think it was a good idea!

Musical Escapades is an avenue for me to write about the never-ending hidden melodies and secret musical treasures that I sometimes happen to divulge in the music pieces I play. I do not want these instances of “enlightenment” to be forgotten! Another purpose is for me to keep a record of the pieces that I am learning from 2009 onwards. I will write a special on those that make a unique impression to me.

Here, I also will take into account the struggles and frustrations that I always face in trying to understand and perfect the music I play. I want to always be reminded of the tough parts (which are probably more than the rewarding experiences) and I do not want to achieve anything if I will end up taking pride in myself.

Apart from my main site For A Purpose, here’s another avenue for me to post videos of my performances in music events from school or in competitions (whether solo, in bands, or in orchestras) and write about my experiences. I will also post videos of my compositions, my sisters, Janna & Jirene, and music students.

Musical Escapades is a place where I can look back and reflect on the inspirational lessons I have learned over time and by patience and practice. And of course, by God’s grace and guidance. I want to also write about the people whom God has and will send along my path to equip and mentor me in pursuing my music aspirations. All these are worth remembering!

In all, I hope this will someday be a “memoir” of the significant leaps and falls that I make in the musical side of my life. 2009 marks my first year having leaped past Grade 8, the grade where many people think is the end of the journey. But hey, I have just discovered that the completion of grade 8 is only the BEGINNING of this musical roller coaster ride!

So till then, I look forward to my next entry! Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment