Thursday, January 13, 2011

Music: The Voice of Heaven

Music isn't simply about me
It surpasses who I am!
Music expresses who we are
Often shaking us to the core

The peaceful tunes bring solace
Transforming me inside
An art forever embraced
In my heart and soul it stays

O what would I do
Without the gift of music?
O where will I hide
Without its wondrous magic?

Some will distort its purity
Pulling apart its seamless gown
What happened to the pure sound
The power inside that pounds?

As I sit at the piano
My fingers touch the keys
The silence lingers on
Till I hear a heavenly sound

Rumblings deep within
A simple rhythm underlying
Just listen more intently
And the song will surely come

Then I play
And then I sing
My voice floats up high
The golden bells ring

I pluck the instrument
A string with mighty resonance
Unleash the music in me
Inspire a long-lost creativity

Let my soul be still
And the noises fade
When my heart finally stops
I'll hear the voice of Heaven instead.


By Janielle :)

No comments:

Post a Comment