Sunday, September 13, 2009

All Glory to God

At the VCASS audition, I learned once again to ask for God’s peace to fill my heart and mind and keep me calm and composed. I wanted it to be a memorable and worthwhile experience. I didn’t want to blow it by being over nervous and worried – and what for? If my performance and the results are in God’s hands, I already have the victory and success in Him. Even if I do not get in, I will let it all go to God and learn to take the chill pill – simply benefit and grow from the experience.

Thankfully, I discover that whenever I truly place my trust in God, just perform and play out my heart unto Him, not even unto people, it will work out for good.

At the much anticipated audition, I only got to play like one-third of my pieces! How sad, right. I did not even manage to get to the best parts and the parts I practiced so much. But I believe the panel would’ve been able to gage my ability and level of playing even from the beginning (hopefully). Anyway, like I testified in my blog, God gave me the peace and I was not worried at all about how I would please the panel – there were five of them!

From now onwards, my main focus is to work on my TONE. It is almost the most important thing in piano playing. I regret that I’ve never been drilled with such core “foundation” principles all these years I’ve been playing. Tomorrow (my 16th birthday) will mark my 10th year playing the piano. God has led me this far, surely He will continue to reveal greater truths to me and lead me to more discoveries in music. NOW is only the BEGINNING.

Now that I am freed of this audition (that’s been pressurizing me for 4 months!) I can start pursuing new songs and challenge myself with another load of repertoire. Exciting, fun, and another season of sweat and tears to pour into my music! Haha, “why so serious?” right. But seriously, I AM dead serious. “Inspiration comes with perspiration” – wise words from my bestie Joyce Shamini. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment